Print version: To print the PDF document please click here
The Thinking Moms’ Revolution – Autism Beyond The Spectrum: Inspiring True Stories From Parents Fighting To Rescue Their Children
Twenty-three moms and one brave dad make up The Thinking Moms’ Revolution. Their group stretches from Montana to Malaysia to Montreal. While parenting children with disabilities, they came together on Facebook to collaborate about bio-medical and dietary interventions, as well as doctors and researchers developing cutting edge treatments. In the process they became a tight-knit family dedicated to helping their children lose their diagnoses. Out of this collaboration they have created something far more substantial. Suspecting that the roots of their children’s autism, adhd, asthma, sensory processing disorder and food allergies may be found in the overuse of antibiotics, preventative medical care, environmental toxins and processed food, they began a mission to turn it around!
Here, Helen Conroy and Lisa Joyce Goes have collected TMR’s stories of healing and hope as they fight to recover their children from autism and related disorders. Each chapter is written by a different TMR member sharing how they found each other, what they have learned along their journey, and why the support of close friends, also parenting kids with special needs, is so important. In this book you will read about their individual experiences, and learn how their determination and friendships have become a daily motivation for parents worldwide. They blog daily with a ‘no holds barred’ attitude about every aspect of real life with chronically sick kids and a sicker medical system at www.thinkingmomsrevolution.com.
Meet The Authors
Helen Conroy is president of The Thinking Moms’ Revolution, LLC. After a fifteen-year career as a vice president at a Fortune 500 company, she became the development director for The ABLE Academy, a private school for children with developmental disabilities in Naples, Florida. Helen is married to Doug and has three beautiful children, including Harrison, who is diagnosed with autism and apraxia and is on the path to healing.
Lisa Joyce Goes is a contributing editor for Age of Autism, an executive board member of The Canary Party, and head of public relations for The Thinking Moms’ Revolution. She and her husband Dave are actively working for healthcare reform in America, and have three children, one of whom suffers the tragic effects of iatrogenic autism.
Foreword By Dr. Bob Sears
Robert W. Sears, MD, is a father of three, board-certified in Pediatrics, and a co-author in the Sears Parenting Library. “Dr. Bob”, as he likes to be called by his little patients, earned his medical degree at Georgetown University School of Medicine in 1995. He did his pediatric internship and residency at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, finishing in 1998. He is the author of The Vaccine Book – Making the Right Decision for your Child.
Excerpt From Dr. Bob’s Foreword
“The Thinking Mom’s Revolution’s Autism Beyond the Spectrum is a look into the hearts and minds of these families. After reading their stories you will want to hunt each one of them down, give them a big hug, and never let go. Not because they need it, but because you need to.”
For channel sales & distribution –
- Bookstores may purchase books through Skyhorse Publishing’s distributor W.W. Norton Tel: (212) 354-5500 or order through any of the major wholesalers such as Books A Million, Baker & Taylor, or Ingram. For international orders, please contact Skyhorse Publishing.
- Doctor’s offices, clinics, websites, health food stores and all retail venues that sell items or services as well as books are handled through the Special Sales Department at Skyhorse Publishing.
- Publication date: 1 April 2013
- Publisher: Skyhorse Publishing
- Published: 01 April 2013
- Format: Hardback 304 pages
- List Price: US$26.95 (Canada $29.95)
- ISBN 13: 9781620878842
- ISBN 10: 1620878844
Connect With TMR
- TMR Blog – www.thinkingmomsrevolution.com
- Facebook – www.facebook.com/thinkingmomsrevolution
- Twitter – twitter.com/thinkingmomsrev
- Email us – [email protected]
- Alison MacNeil: 617-680-1867
- Lisa Joyce Goes: 609-532-0689
- Kim Ritchie Spencer: 912-596-6784
- Email us: [email protected]