Ok – are you still standing around? Picking your nose? Oh, wait – you are giving MB12 shots and wiping poopy bottoms, aren’t you? Planning IEP meetings? Tutoring your child in touch-point addition? Well, have you heard the saying, “If you want something done, ask a busy person to do it?” No? Well – now you have. (Thank you, Lucille Ball.)
There are a few things that need to be done to tie up some loose ends after last week’s Oversight and Reform Committee Hearings on Autism. During the Hearing, some of the things said there were also some of the same things said TEN YEARS AGO. But there were some changes. This time, our Representatives were the ones asking some of the toughest questions. The parents and advocates were not the only ones in the room shining a bright light on the almost untouchable pharmaceutical bonanza of vaccines. Even with those revelations, we’ve still got some work to do.
Here is something as important as those Representatives observations and questions — as we wiped tears of joy/pain after the Hearing, we heard NOTHING in the mainstream media of the Hearings. Because the majority of the population knows nothing about the hearing or what took place, the outrage still belongs only to us and to some of the Representatives in that Hearing room. The Representatives did a great job of talking about these important topics, but it will be too easy for them to walk away and forget about us, our kids, our families and the many questions that remain unanswered. What do you think we can do about that?
Here is your To Do List for this week – (don’t laugh – it’s not polite):
#1. Thank the representatives who came to the hearing. Here are their names. Thank you to our friend Christine Zichittella-Heeren for compiling this list.
Make a quick phone call to say “Thank you” for attending and why the hearings were important to you. Please include how autism affects you, or your family, or your community, etc.
- Rep. Darrell E. Issa (CA-49) Chairman (202) 225-3906
- Rep. Elijah Cummings (MD-7) Ranking Member (202) 225-4741
- Rep. Dan Burton (IN-05) (202) 225-2276
- Rep. Paul Gosar (AZ-1) (202) 225-2315
- Rep. Pat Meehan (PA-7) (202) 225-2011
- Rep. Carolyn Maloney (NY-14) (202) 225-7944
- Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D.C.) (202) 225-8050
- Rep. Dennis Kucinich (OH-10) (202) 225-5871
- Rep. John Tierney (MA-6) (202) 225-8020
- Rep. Danny Davis (IL-7) (202) 225-5006
- Rep. John Yarmuth (KY-3) (202) 225-5401
- Rep. Jim Matheson (UT-2) (202) 225-3011
- Rep. Vern Buchanan (FL-13) (202) 225-5015
- Rep. Chris Smith (NJ-4) (202) 225-3765
- Rep. Bill Posey (FL-15) (202) 225-3671
- Rep. Mike Kelly (PA-3) (202) 225-5406
** Reps get “superstar” status for asking the ‘hard questions’
#2. Provide a letter of your testimony to the committee. The deadline on this letter is Thursday, December 6! So time’s a-wasting!!!
Tell your autism story – whether it is your child, your brother’s child, all the affected kids you see in your classroom where you teach or at the playground in your community. Tell your story – get it in the record.
Did your child regress into Autism after a series of vaccinations? Or another medical intervention? Congress needs to know. Document it so it can be submitted to the official congressional testimony.
Please use this contact information:
Committee on Oversight & Government Reform
Congressman Darrell Issa
Washington DC Office
• 2347 Rayburn House Office Building • Washington, DC 20515
• Phone: 202-225-3906 • Fax: 202-225-3303
Or use the form letter that our friend and fab mom, Lisa Wiederlight, put together: https://thinkingmomsrevolution.com/write-congress-now/
#3. Get some damn press on these hearings.
So what is the story?
We need to tell the mainstream news that it has been TEN YEARS since that last Congressional Oversight Hearing about Autism. During that time, the rate of autism has jumped from 1 in 150 to 1 in 88. The U.S. Government, aided by the media, has continued to beat the drums with “Vaccines do not contribute to Autism”. We have witnessed quite the opposite.
During those TEN YEARS, evidence continues to be discovered that vaccines ARE IN FACT a contributing cause of autism.
Here are a few talking points:
- The U.S. government – via Health and Human Services Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (commonly referred to as ‘Vaccine Court’) – has concealed expert testimony that implicates vaccines in mitochondrial dysfunction and encephalopathy resulting in autism. Please read this blog which explains it in detail and provides the evidence: How The Zimmerman Report Affects Us All by The Rev
- There are still vaccines that contain thimerosal, the preservative that contains mercury. The flu shot contains a full 25 mcg of mercury. This flu shot insert shows some of the more interesting things people do not consider when receiving a flu shot. The top portion of the first page discusses how the flu shot has not been tested for safety for pregnant or nursing mothers or children (no age given) and yet is advertised as safe and routinely given. Also, it states that they have not been able to show that the shot prevents the flu (second bullet point). Plus, I don’t mean to be a negative Nelly, but the 1 in 88 autism rate does not include my 11.5 year old son who received mercury-laden shots. That current rate is only of children born in 2000. The first non-thimerosal vaccines were not approved for use until April 2001 and the vaccines these shots were to replace were not recalled. They were put to use.
- There have been no tests of the safety of the entire vaccine schedule as it is REQUIRED for our children. NONE. **This means that no one has ever tested how, for example, the Hep B shot and the DTaP shot work together (or not). Or if they should be given together (or not). And what reactions can happen (or not). Not one of the 9 vaccine product, containingn over 50 antigen that are given in 30 doses that are on today’s recommended schedule has ever been tested in conjuction with each other. In this paper Conflicts of Interest In Vaccine Safety Research published in Accountability In Research, 2012 the main discussion point is the Conflict of Interests in Vaccine Safety testing – but on pages 75 and 76 the lack of this type of testing is brought to light.
According to Dr. Colleen Boyle during questioning from Representative Posey on November 29, 2012 there have been no studies done to compare the health and developmental status of children vaccinated according to the US recommended vaccine schedule vs unvaccinated children. Never. Not even a meta analysis. Please click here to read Vaccine Misconceptions by SafeVax.
Don’t think you have the chops to contact your local media? Read a special blog that Blaze did on that specific topic: Thinkers And The Media by Blaze
And feel free to contact The Thinking Moms’ Revolution – we will do whatever we can to encourage, cajole, entice or just plain help you get your/our story into the media light.
#4. Call for another Oversight Committee Hearing to address the Zimmerman Report. If you have not heard of the Zimmerman Papers, please read The Rev’s explanation. It is very important and explains the corruption behind the vaccine program. Click here to read How The Zimmerman Report Affects Us All by The Rev.
#5. Consider a visit to your Congressional Representative’s office during the Winter Break. Most Reps are in their home states during this break and it is a good time to meet with them.
So, let’s get this “call to action” into action. It’s a lot to do. We know. You are already doing so much already, but this could be some of the most important work we do with our politicians to date. With your help, we can keep the message going, and continue our conversations with the Representatives on the Oversight Committee to ensure that they continue to do their job: to hold government accountable to taxpayers.
Viva la Revolution.
* For more blogs from LuvBug, please click here.